Monday, November 23, 2009

Scavenger Hunt

The other day in class we were given a packet that included a plethora of questions we were required to find and answer. The tricky part is, the answers were all online and some were not so easy to find. My team (there was three of us) split the packet into thirds and began searching. I personally love doing scavenger hunts. No matter the topic, they are always fun. Although, this one was slightly frustrating just for the fact that sometimes I wasn't sure if I had found the correct answer or if I just thought I did. In the end, my group found everything on the list in the alloted time.

The most difficult question for me was planning a Disneyland trip for two adults and two kids. The family had to stay at a specific hotel that was only available in the year 2010. However, when you go to book the flights, they can only be within 331 days from the day you book them. So I had to find a day when the hotel was available and the flight was within limits for the question to be correct. As well, the Disney website was running slowly because at least 15-20 students were accessing it at one time, all in the same room.

Overall, it was a fun and successful activity. It taught me that when searching for things on the internet, you need to be exact and precise in order to find exactly what you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment