I used to have a Photobucket account, but it was merely to put Googled pictures on my MySpace. It didn't hold any personal pictures that I cared about. As for a physical photo album, my mother started one for each member of the family, but never finished. I have a lot of physical and digital pictures, but I'm not the type of person to prioritize them in an album. My thought is, if you lose them, you can always take more. Yes, I understand that you can never get those memories back, but let's be real, how often do you really go through photo albums?
As for other document types, I do try and save school work digitally and physically. I am a freak about saving school work. I'm terrified at the thought of not having something that I may need in the future. I save stuff not only on my computer, but on my USB drive and also in a folder at home. It makes me feel secure knowing that I will at least have one of those items. Unless of course my house is engulfed in flames and all three are stuck inside (which we hope will never happen!)
I think physical and digital documents both have their ups and downs. I can't really say I prefer one or the other, but I do use both for different reasons. I'm sure someday digital document types will overpower physical ones, but that day is way, way, way in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment