Thursday, October 8, 2009

Newspapers

When I go to seattletimes.com to read about current world issues, I leave the computer with clean fingers. No more inky hands. But is that the only upside to online newspapers? Of course not. Online newspapers are easy to access from anywhere at anytime. There are even articles saved from months ago that readers can find easily. If you're doing a research paper and you need a specific article from a newspaper, but can't find it, what do you do? In the past, you'd have to look through pages and pages of paper - probably resulting in awfully dirty hands. Today, there's really no need for physical newspapers.

Most people are apprehensive towards switching from paper to online because who really likes change? But newspapers cost us not only money, but our environment as well. Why keep killing trees and stripping nature of its finest asset when converting in-person print to online print is so simple. Yes, there will no longer be the need for mechanics and producers of the paper, but this is the decade of progress. The more we move away from the dirty work of producing a newspaper, the closer we get to opening new doors and opportunities for new jobs.

Newspapers are fun and all, I just think converting print to online is a happy alternative. Maybe I'm just a fan of the Internet and slightly biased because of my age. I know there are still older generations out there that would challenge my idea, but there's always two sides to an argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment